South Brent, Devon.
The Parish Church of St Petroc.
This tower houses a 13 cwt ring of six, the work of Thomas II Bilbie. A major restoration of the installation was carried out by Taylor’s in 1937, when a new cast iron bell frame and all new fittings were supplied and the bells rehung.
The parish has now placed an order for the treble headstock to be returned to Loughborough for the fitting of new gudgeons and bearings, and for all the clappers to be anealled. The clapper balls will then be re-faced before the crown staples are restored and all parts returned to the bells.