Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire
The Guild Chapel
This bell tower houses a single 28 cwt bell that was cast by Hugh Watts on 10th July 1633. Last year Taylor’s supplied and fitted an electro-magnetic hammer and controller unit to sound the hours and the evening curfew. An order has now been placed for Phase II of the restoration by supplying and installing a new motor drive system to automatically mechanically swing chime this bell – this replaces an existing system, which will be removed.
Installation work will begin on 17th September.