The west end turret at this church houses two ancient bells. The smaller bell has a diameter of 25″, and weighs about 3.5 cwts. It was cast circa 1380 by Roger Landen. The larger bell has a diameter of 30″ and weighs approximately 6 cwts. This bell was cast at the Wokingham Bell Foundry circa 1448. Both bells were rehung by The Whitechapel Bell Foundry some decades ago, but now need significant refurbishment.

One of the gudgeon pins of the larger bell has fractured and need replacing. Both bell wheels will be taken to Loughborough for the replacement of a broken spoke and re-soling and re-shrouding. The clappers, crown staples and centre pins of both bells will be refurbished, and a new stainless steel wire rope and traditional bell rope will be supplied and fitted.

* This work is in progress.

Project Completed.