The single bell that hangs in the Hall’s Chapel bell cote was cast in 1665 by William Scott. It has a diameter of 18″ and weighs a little over 1 cwt. The bell was rehung on new fittings by Taylor’s in 1939.

A major restoration of the hall is being undertaken, and the cupola in which the bell hangs is being dismantled and rebuilt. An order has been placed for the bell to be removed to Loughborough for the restoration of its fittings and for conservation work to be undertaken. The bell, its restored fittings and a new bell rope will be reinstated once the cupola has been rebuilt.

*  Work on this bell is underway..

This bell has been delivered to the customer.