The 9 cwt ring of six in this tower is the work of Thomas C Lewis of Brixton, London and dates from 1880. Lewis was primarily an organ builder, but ventured into bell founding for a decade or so and cast around forty bells.
A major overhaul of the installation was carried out by The Whitechapel Bell Foundry in 1993, but some maintenance is now needed. The rope roller boxes will be refurbished, and “Galebreaker” screens will be manufactured and fitted to the louvres to prevent water ingress.

